Sunday, March 4, 2007

Island Hopping (1)

Saturday, 3 March 2007

I thought I could sleep a little longer this morning! Yean forgot to tell us last night that we were going for island hopping at 9 am! The fare has been paid already! Less an half an hour and we had to be outside waiting for the shuttle bus, and then drive to board the boat.

To the boat





First stop: Pulau Dayang Bunting (Island of the Pregnant Maiden)




The way down to the Tasik Dayang Bunting (Lake of the Pregnant Maiden)







For those who don't dare to jump into the lake can swim in the pool instead - didn't see anyone there. It would be ashamed not to jump into the lake if we have come so far - for those who wants to swim of course.



In the lake






Aisah and me were tired walking through the jungle and down the cemented steps, which lead us to the lake. It was in the middle of day and it was hot. Lian and Yean had prepared to swim. We didn't and furthermore Aisah didn't feel well, so we decided to stop at the shed instead and just relax. We could see people at the lake from there.



There were sign board warning us not to carry plastic bags of food while walking because the monkeys would grab them. I didn't think it would attract them in the shed also.

I had taken out my plastic bag of nuts and the next thing I knew, there were 2 monkeys near the shed. Aisah quickly took her straw hat and cover the 2 plastic bags. Unfortunately part of one plastic bag showed. One monkey grabbed that plastic and ran quickly up a nearby tree. I quickly retrieve the other plastic bag below the hat and zipped into my shoulder bag. The monkey threw down the plastic bag it had taken earlier on, came down and look around the shed.

There were then 6 people in the shed. A Greece couple took the opportunity to throw some food to them and kept them busy running for them. Because of this incident, I must say I was scare when I saw some more monkeys that afternoon.

1 hr is almost up. We had to go back to the boat. On the way back, saw this unusual tree along the way.



Walk, walk, walk




No comments: